meta content='العنوان' name='ENG4ALL'/> Relative Pronouns | eng4oll

Pages

Thursday 22 September 2011

Relative Pronouns


Relative Pronouns
 
Fill in the blanks with: that, who, whom, whose, which, when, where, and why.
1. Bni Chiker is _________ Mohammed Choukri was born.
2. An actress is a woman _________ plays in films or plays.
3. This is the girl _________ mother taught me at primary school.
4. This is the time of the year _________ many people travel.
5. The book _________ you gave me was interesting.
6. Smoking on the job is the reason _________ he was fired.
7. I come from a small town _________ only Berber is spoken.
8. A carpenter is a person _________ job is making and repairing wooden objects.
9. This is the man _________ I talked to you about.
10. Cold is the main reason _________ birds migrate.
11. Bob Marley, _________ I like a lot, sang "Buffalo Soldier".
12. The man _________ cell phone was ringing in the mosque did not know what to do.
13. My friend lives in an old city _________ has a lot of beautiful mosques.
14. The people _________ work at that restaurant are very nice.
15.  I’d like to know the reason _________ Ron decided to leave his job.
16.  Paul is a student at a school _________ has some American teachers.
17. The hotel _________ we stayed is in the Medina.
18. Here is a picture of the fire _________ destroyed the entire library.
19. The mall _________ she works is in Kent State, Ohio.
20.  Hassan is visiting someone _________ he hasn't seen for years.
21. J. K. Rowling, _________ wrote Harry potter, is a British author.
22. People _________ whose houses are made of glass shouldn’t throw stones.
23. Love is a game _________ two can play and both win. (Eva Gabor)
24. Do not be deceived by things or offers _________ appear to be attractive.
25. Fools rush in _________ angels fear to tread.

Match sentence parts from column A with those in column B.

A
B
1. A library is a building                      
who steals purses from pockets and bags.
2. A widow is a woman                          
where you can borrow books
3. A night is the time of a day             
where you can look up words.
4. A chef is a person                             
which lives on meat.
5. A dictionary is a book                      
Whose husband has died.
6. A pickpocket is a person                   
when it is dark outside.
7. A carnivore is an animal                  
when plants begin to grow.
8. A synonym is a word                     
whose parents are dead.            
9. Spring is the season of the year         
who cooks food in a restaurant.
10. An orphan is a child
which has the same meaning as another word.
 
Which relative pronouns can be omitted in the following sentences?

1. This is the player whom I talked to you about
2. An actress is a woman who plays in films or plays.
5. The book which you gave me was interesting
8. A carpenter is a person who makes and repairs wooden objects.
9. I know a man who speaks five languages.
2. My friend lives in an old city which has a lot of beautiful mosques.
3. The person whom I work for is so kind.
5.  Paul is a student at a school which has some American teachers.
7. Here is a picture of the fire which destroyed the library.
9.  This is the place where I was born.
10. J. K. Rowling, who wrote Harry potter, is a British author.
 
Complete the following sentences

1. People that are illiterate ……  ………………………………
2. My cousin, who is 25 years old, ………………………………
3. My sister Aicha, whose husband is Italian, ……………………
4. The shoes which I bought last week ……………………………
5. Dr Kerrim, whom I met at the mosque, ………………………
6. The museum which we visited yesterday ………………………
7. My neighbor, whom I helped to install his computer, …………
8. A person that you don't trust ……………………………………
9. I have never met a person whose ………………………………
10. My uncle drives the bus which ………………………………..



 HOME                              ANSWER                              الأجوبة

2 Comment:

Post a Comment