meta content='العنوان' name='ENG4ALL'/> Riddles | eng4oll

Pages

Tuesday 13 September 2011

Riddles






1.     What often runs but never walks?
2.     What’s black when clean and white when dirty?
3.     What starts with a “t”, ends with a “t” and is always full of “tea”?
4.     What never stops?
5.     What time is it when you see a lion?
6.     What looks empty when full?
7.     What happened to the boy who swallowed a spoon?
8.     What do you swallow that can swallow you?
9.     What’s the deepest part of the Atlantic?
10. What number can you take half of and leave nothing?
11. What number increases in value if you turn it upside down?
12. What runs through the woods but never gets tired?
13. What is invisible yet you can measure it?

14. What is everyone in the world doing at the same time?
15. What belongs to you but is always used by others?
16. What’s the first thing a farmer puts in his field?
17. What grows larger the more you take from it?
18. What’s full of holes and holds water?
19. What makes the road broad?
20. What’s impossible to eat for breakfast?
21. What driver can’t drive?
22. What room has no floor?
23. What can you add to a bucket to make it loose weight?
24. What jam can’t you eat?
25. What dog can you eat?
26. What makes your Ma mad?
27. What do you take and never give back?
28. What’s never seen but always changes?
29. What fruit can take off its clothes and jump down?
30. What does an elephant do when it rains?
31. What do fishermen catch when it rains?
32. What can you cut with a knife and never leave a mark?
33. What asks no questions and receives a lot of answers?
34. What gets wetter the more it dries?
35. What goes up but never comes down?
36. What goes up when the rain comes down?
37. What goes up but never comes down?
38. What's as big as an elephant but doesn't weigh an ounce?
39. What's right but never wrong?
40. What's the end of life?
41. What's the biggest pan in the world?
42. What's the longest rope in the world?
43. What's the biggest key in the world?
44. What are the largest pines in the world?
45. What's always hot even if you put it in the fridge?


Answers: 1.water, 2.blackboard, 3.a teapot, 4.time, 5.time to run, 6.a balloon, 
7.he couldn’t stir his coffee, 8.water, 9.the bottom, 10.eight (8), 11.six (6), 
12. the path, 13.temperature, 14.breathing, getting older, 15.your name, 
16.his foot,
17.a hole, 18.a sponge, 19.the letter ‘b’, 20.lunch or dinner, 21.a screw driver, 
22.mashroom, 23.holes, 24.traffic jam, 25.hotdog, 26. the letter ‘d’, 27.a shower, 
28.your mind, 29.a banana, 30.he gets wet, 31.cold, 32.water, 33.a telephone, 
34.a towel,
35.rain, 36.umbrellas, 37.your age, 38.the elephant’s shadow, 39.right angle, 
40.the letter ‘e’, 41.Japan, 42.Europe, 43.Turkey, 44.the Philippines, 
45.a pepper.







'I am' Riddles.
1.  I am sweet like candy but I am refreshed, what am I?
2.     I am part of the palm tree that should be filled with ice-cream, what am I?
3.     I am the German city that makes you smell good, what city am I?
4.     We’re the days that have no strength at all, what days are we?
5.     I am something a girl always looks for but hopes she won’t find. What am I?
6.     I am the kind of weather that you can catch?
7.     I am part of the bread that has rust in it, what am I?
8.     I am hard outside and fresh inside and spend most of my time in bed, who am I?
9.     I am the healthful drink that's better than all the others, what am I?
10. I am the kind of corn that's married to Mom, what am I?
11. I am the insect that sounds like I want to run away, what insect am I?
12. I am part of a chair that grows in your head, what am I?
13. I am the angle that's never wrong, what angle am I?
14. I'm the meal that always has a break in it, what meal am I?
15. I am the book that sounds unique, what book am I?
16. I am the right hand for the left-handed person, what hand am I?
17. I am the sea creature that's filled with marmalade, what creature am I?
18. I am a kitchen utensil that should be sentenced to for yoke abuse, what am I?
19. I am a plate with numbers and letters, what plate am I?
20. I'm a coat that looks as if covered with oil, what coat am I?

Answers: 1. sugar, 2.cone, 3.Cologne, 4.week days, 5.a hole in her stockings,
6.cold, 7.crust, 8.oyster, 9.milk, 10.pop, 11.flea, 12.hair, 13.right angle, 
14.breakfast, 15.novel, 16.left hand, 17.jellyfish, 18.beater, 19.a license-plate,
20.a slicker.







More Riddles




1.     The bride looses her face when I hang around, what am I?
2.     If there is fire in your house, I take care of the smoke; what am I?
3.     You keep me away if you eat an apple a day, who am I?
4.     If you feed it, it will live, if you give it water, it will die?
5.     It takes only one word to break me, what am I?
6.     When I am on your chest, the doctor is all ears, what am I?
7.     There are three of us in a yard but only two in your legs, what are we?
8.     We throw ourselves over guys' shoulders and yell this is a hold up, who are we?
9.     Necessity is my mother, who am I?
10. Sometimes, I am a doctor, sometimes a burglar, sometimes a tailor or whatever, who am I?
11. There are three of us in a thousand, who are we?
12. Though I have no letters in me, I still have seven letters, what am I?
13. I can be head covering or bed covering, what am I?
14. During war, my business is always booming, what am I?
15. I look like a snake but you'll be shocked to hear that I am a fish, what fish am I?
16. People get a shot making a deposit in me, what am I?
17. For years, our relationship has remained stationary, who are we?
18. Part of me is "zag", what am I?
19. Wherever I go the thread follows me, what am I?
20. Whenever I stop a river it's more power for you, what am I?
21. I was 'late' until you added a 'p'; now you're dinner is served on me, what am I?
22. In the zoo and jungle I am black, in the movie I am pink, what am I?
23. I have a head and tail but no body, what am I?
24. Who are the two neighbors who never see each other?
25. When I work I take off my cap, when I rest I put it on, who am I?
26. How many letters are there in the alphabet?
27. There were 20 robins in a tree. I shot them and killed 7. How many remained in the tree?
28. What cake always comes out of the baker’s oven with a bottom up?



Answers: 1.a veil, 2.chimeny, 3.an apple, 4.fire, 5.silence, 6.a stethoscope, 
7.feet, 8.suspenders, 9.invention, 10.an actor/actress, 11.zero, 12.mail-box,
13.spread, 14.a bomb, 15.eel, 16.blood bank, 17.pen-pals, 18.zig-zag,
19.needle, 20.a dam, 21.plate, 22.panther, 23.tongue, 24.coin, 25.noise,
26.eyes, 27.pen, 28.eight, 29.none (they flied). 30.up-side-down-cake.







Witty answers




1.     A: Do you know a star with a tail?
B: Yes, Mickey Mouse.
2.     A: How many balls of string do you need to reach the moon?
B: One provided that it’s big enough.
3.     A: Why don't skeletons fight?
B:  They haven’t got guts.
4.     A: Which is correct: “six and five is thirteen” or “Six plus five are thirteen”?
B:  Neither. Eleven
5.     A:  Can you take five from one?
B:  Yes, I often do that. I take five fingers out of one sock.
6.     A:  Why did the nosy neighbour look over the wall?
     B:  He can’t see through.


0 Comment:

Post a Comment